Position/Job Title: Institutional strengthening facilitator (Consultant) – Aceh Watsan Extension Project
Location of work: Banda Aceh (province) and Aceh Jaya district
Report to: Senior Watsan Officer & Program Coordinator
Working days: Maximum 15 days/month
Building on its five years experience as well as recommendation from the final program evaluation, The American Red Cross Aceh WatSan project aims to ensure the sustainability of the systems constructed, the program created and trained Water Committees and operators for communal system as well as educated community members on the operation & maintenance of the facilities provided and trained some of them with technical O&M skills as caretakers whom other community members could access for their skills with minimal fee. In addition, community health was also improved through its hygiene promotion component.
2. Objectives of the consultancy
- To review and made necessary improvement on the draft Qanun (local law) of the institutional status of BLUD Tirta Mon Mata Calang and assist in overseeing and advocating the process to obtain the approval of the Qanun both at the government and parliament levels.
- To liaise/coordinate with and facilitate the Government at the provincial and district levels to strengthen their institutional capacities in coordinating WatSan issues and initiatives.
- To re-activate and revitalize AMPL Working Group at Provincial and District Levels
- To provide other institutional and facilitation supports to Water Committees/operators and government counterpart as needs arise
- A university degree in social studies or public policy
- Five years experience in providing technical assistance to the Government to strengthen its institutional capacitiesAbility to promote ideas and influence decision making
- Familiar/knowledgeable with the Government program and strategies in WatSan field including the AMPL (Air Minum dan Penyehatan Lingkungan) initiative.
- Advanced computer skills (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing).
- Excellent communication skills for advocacy, training, and facilitation.
- Excellent report writing skill.
- Ability to provide leadership as well as work as a member of a team.
- Fluent spoken and written Indonesian and some competence in English.
- Has the ability to work with minimum supervision/directions.
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English not later than 4 February 2013 to email@example.com, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name (CV max. 200KB size). Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
source : www.jobaceh.com